Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Thanks Ben for the perfect dessert

I do not often take a recipe and not change it, but this one I saw on TV from Bens Menu is a definite winner.  Perfect for Christmas time, and serves a few more than 4 I would say!  I really like Ben's show as it is showcases Australian food, and has recipes that any family would enjoy.
 
I also think this is the perfect recipe for when you are stuck, as all it takes is some eggs, you could top it with any cream and seasonal fruit, or try lemon or lime curd.  Thanks Ben, I hope you don't mind me reproducing (ie copying) it here, it was originally his grandmothers recipe.
 
 
Picture
 
Ingredients

(SERVES 4)
6 egg whites
9 ounces or 255 g sugar
2 tsp malt vinegar
1 tsp vanilla essence
150 g whipped cream, to serve
1 punnet strawberries
Mint, to garnish
Icing sugar, to dust
 
Method
  1. Pre-­heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius. Remove egg yolks from the eggs being careful not to get any yolk in the whites.
  2. Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat on high for around 12-14 minutes or until stiff peaks.
  3. Shape onto a large pavlova shape on round tray.  
  4. Bake for approximately 1 and a 1/2 hours. The pavlova will rise up but collapse again as it cools. To serve top with whipped cream and strawberries. Garnish with mint and a light dusting of icing sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!