Saturday, February 22, 2014

Who knew Sao Biscuits could be so nice?

A favorite of my sister and me when we were young, this recipie came from one of the many Tupperware parties my mother had.  I remember all the kids would be out the back playing in the sandpit while the mothers sat upstairs on the verandah and sipped tea.  We usually got the left overs for afternoon tea in our cubby house.

A variation on this slice is to make it with Lattice Biscuits, which do not need icing as you place the sugar side up.  My sister and I rather liked this one the best I think.
 

 

SAO BISCUIT CUSTARD SLICE

Rating Easy

Ingredients:

1-3/4 pints milk
3/4 cup sugar
2oz butter
1/2 cup cornflour
4 tblsp custard powder
1/4 ping milk extra
1 egg
1tblsp vanilla extract

Place mil, sugar, butter in large saucepan.  Blend cornflour and custard powder with a little extra milk, add to saucepan and bring to boil, stirring until smooth and thick.
Remove from heat, beat in egg and vanilla.
Line a slice tin with baking paper, place a layer of sao biscuts on the bottom.
While still warm, pour the custard over the biscuits.
Top with another layer of biscuits.
Place in fridge until cold.
Ice with lemon or pashionfruit icing.

........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!