Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

This is a Christmas stand by.  If I need to make something sweet in a hurry, this is the one I go to.  It is from the Electric Cooking Recipies sheet from the Sydney County Council, 1984. 

The mixed fruit you use, is up to you, I like cherries on their own, but have used pecans and dried sour cherries.  You can also add some coconut to the mixture if you like.  Use what you enjoy.

WHITE CHRISTMAS


Rating: easy


Ingredients:

1 cup milk powder
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup mixed fruit (eg, cherries, peel and glace ginger)
2 cups rice bubbles
250g copha, melted.


Method

Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
Add melted copha and mix well.
Press into a 28x18cm lamington pan.
Refrigerate.
Cut when cold and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!