Thursday, February 6, 2014

Elaine's Peanut slice

Elaine was one of my mother's great friends, she lived 2 doors down on the corner of our street.  My sister and I used to go and pick the long grass at the side of her house for our pet rabbi to eat. Come to think of it, I don't know what actually happened to that rabbit, could be he ended up in a stew!

This recipie is very easy, and great for children after work.  I think you could add a little cocoa powder to it for a chocolate taste.

I have no idea what size the packet of salted peanuts is!  I would go for around a cup at first and see if you need a bit more.

 Use a normal slice tin, and line it with baking paper.



PEANUT SLICE


Rating: easy peasy.


Combine in a bowl:
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
packet of salted peanuts.

melt 4oz of butter and mix into the dry ingredients.  It will be a dry mixture.
Press into a flat slice tray and bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes.  
Score while hot, but cool in tray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!